Crispy, fried wild oyster mushrooms are a perfect side dish to serve in winter. Follow the recipe below and make a delicious batter and dip your foraged wild oyster mushrooms in it. Heat up frying oil and make crispy, golden brown oyster mushrooms, and season with salt. If there is batter left, you can use it to deep fry vegetables, fish, or seafood.
Fried Wild Oyster Mushrooms
- 10 ounces (300 grams) oyster mushrooms
- ¾ cup (100 grams) all-purpose flour
- ⅝ cup (1.5 deciliters) milk
- 2 eggs
- A pinch of salt
- In a mixing bowl, whisk all-purpose flour with milk until smooth.
- Add one egg at a time and whisk. Add salt.
- Let the batter rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut off the stem of the oyster mushrooms and brush them clean.
- Dip the mushrooms in the batter. Make sure they are coated well.
- Deep fry the oyster mushrooms in around 360 degrees Fahrenheit/180 degrees Celsius until golden brown.
- Remove the oyster mushrooms and place them on paper towels and pat dry. Season with salt and serve immediately.