The mushroom salad with orange, yellow pepper, cherry tomatoes, and garden cress is an easy, delicious, and healthy autumn salad to make. It is filled with umami taste, vitamins A, C, K, and potassium, and is therefore filled with good benefits for your body as well as for your tastebuds. This salad contains mushrooms fried in garlic, fried yellow pepper, garden cress, and slices of orange which spices up the salad.
Serve the salad with bread and hummus and you will have a tasty, vegetarian dish.
All ingredients are easy to get in most supermarkets, but since I am making a lot of wild mushroom recipes, I also recommend using for example fried chanterelles or porcini mushrooms in this mushroom salad.
You can eat the mushroom salad as a light dinner with bread and hummus or as a side dish with for example grilled meat and potatoes.
Mushroom salad with orange, peppers, cherry tomatoes, and garden cress
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 grams (8 oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- Green salad
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into smaller pieces
- Garden cress for topping
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and fry the sliced peppers on medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Remove the peppers and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the hot pan and add garlic and mushrooms. Fry for about 5-10 minutes.
- Whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, honey, and salt and pepper.
- Mix the salad, fried mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, fried pepper, and orange in a salad bowl and toss with dressing.
- Top the salad with fresh garden cress.