This awesome creamy autumn pasta is perfect for the colder months. In Denmark we call it “hygge” to be inside in a cozy warm home with your friends and family, drinking hot beverages and cooking great food.
I developed this creamy pasta recipe when I was trying to figure out what would go well with black trumpet mushrooms. I envisaged this autumn dish containing ingredients only available in the autumn. I believe that it should be a must to make at least one pumpkin dish in the autumn so why not combine them with black trumpet mushrooms. You can go hunt yourself for the precious black trumpet mushrooms in the nordic forests in the autumn and enjoy an amazing meal afterwards.
Let me know what you think about this autumn dish.
RECIPE LINK: You can decide wether or not you would like to make your own homemade pasta or buy it already made.
Creamy autumn pasta with pumpkin and black trumpet mushroom sauce
- Homemade pasta (recipe link above)
Pumpkin and black trumpet mushroom sauce
- 300 grams (11 oz) edible pumpkin, cubed
- 100 grams (3,5 oz) black trumpet mushroom, fresh
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1.5 deciliter (5/8 cup) heavy cream
- Parsley , finely chopped
- Parmesan cheese , freshly grated
- Salt and pepper
- Sauté the cubed pumpkin in 1 tablespoon of olive oil on a hot frying pan until tender. Set aside. You can decide whether or not you want to use the pumpkin skin. It is very healthy but it can be quite tough to eat.
- Clean the black trumpet mushrooms thoroughly and sauté over medium heat in butter for 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on a large frying pan and add garlic and onion. Sauté for 1-2 minutes and add the cubed pumpkins and mushrooms.
- Add the heavy cream, parsley, and parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Mix the delicious autumn sauce with freshly cooked pasta.