Pumpkin Bread Rolls are soft, delicious, and easy to make for Halloween. We eat them with either ham and cheese, smoked salmon, or just with plain butter but there are endless options.
Before making this recipe make sure to have pumpkin puree available or make it yourself using this recipe: Pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice syrup. The pumpkin puree can be used for many other autumn dishes, try for example to make a pumpkin spice latte with pumpkin spice syrup or make pumpkin crepes served with toasted hazelnuts and pumpkin spice syrup on top.
Let me know if you have any questions/What you think about these Halloween inspired Bread Rolls in the comments below! HAPPY HALLOWEEN 🎃
Recipe link: Pumpkin Puree
Pumpkin Bread Rolls
- 0.9 oz (25 grams) fresh yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (2 deciliters) pumpkin puree , see recipe link above
- 1 1/3 cups (3 deciliters) water, lukewarm
- 5 1/2 cups (750 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 egg + teaspoon water, (for egg wash)
- In a large bowl, mix fresh yeast with sugar and salt and wait until it becomes liquid.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add lukewarm water, melted butter, and pumpkin puree to the yeast and mix.
- Add all-purpose flour and mix until all flour is absorbed in the liquid. Place the dough on a clean table-top with a bit of flour, and knead the dough well.
- Let the dough rise for 30 minutes covered in a kitchen towel.
- Punch down dough and divide into 16 bread rolls. Shape into rounds and place on a baking dish covered in parchment paper. Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise again for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celcius). Brush the bread rolls with egg wash and bake until golden brown (about 15-20 minutes).