Do you need inspiration for a tasty summer strawberry salad? Then read along. This rich summer salad is healthy, filling and without any doubt a salad you can not get enough of. The salad can be eaten as a main course, as it is full of protein, carbohydrates and has a lot of energy. You will definitely get full. The goma dressing, which is made from sesame seeds, gives the summer salad an extra delicious spice. Enjoy this salad as it is.
Summer strawberries salad with chicken, hazelnuts and avocado topped with goma dressing
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cup) sesame seeds
- 1 deciliter (1/3 cup) soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1.5 deciliters (5/8 cup) neutral oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1.5 deciliters (5/8 cup) water
- Half red chili, optional
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 400 grams (14 oz) chicken breast
- 150 grams (1 cup) edamame beans
- 1 cabbage, chopped
- 100 grams (6/8 cup) hazelnuts, chopped
- 3-4 spring onions, in thin slices
- 1 tray of strawberries, in quarters
- 2 avocados, cubed
- In a small pot over medium heat, roast the sesame seeds for a few minutes while stirring. Do not let them burn.
- Process all the dressing ingredients in a blender. If necessary, add more water if the dressing is too thick. Let it cool down in the refrigerator. The dressing should be cold when served.
- On a hot pan, fry the chicken in neutral oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place the edamame beans in a medium sized bowl and pour in boiling water on them. Let them soak for 2-3 minutes. Remove the water.
- In a large bowl, mix the avocado, cabbage, edamame beans, hazelnuts, spring onions and strawberries.
- Cut the chicken into smaller pieces and add the chicken to the salad. Toss well with goma dressing.